- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
$22.37 - $44.20 hourly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
To support UCLA's development effort, the Research Analyst provides research and data to fundraisers in partnership with data analysts and prospect management liaisons. Overall responsibilities include validating prospects from development analytics, ranking prospects for program units, providing comprehensive and strategic research to support prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies, consulting in the creation of a prospect pool, and producing comprehensive prospect profiles as requested by development officers. More specifically, the Research Analyst works with the Prospect Management and Analytics team to enhance the prospect and donor pool, and reviews donor/prospect financial activity in order to identify appropriate gift levels and philanthropic interests at UCLA using an expertise in different industries, campus units, and the University as a whole. Through immersion in these processes, the Research Analyst generates an analysis of prospects, comments on prospect strategies, and delivers current news alerts and industry expertise to support the fundraising needs and priorities of the unit fundraisers.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Knowledge of prospect research methodology and ethical standards.
2. Ability to interpret individual's wealth indicators, including stock holdings and real estate holdings, and ability to apply knowledge of demographic information to the wealth indicators.
3. Ability to prioritize prospects based on their propensity to give to the University. Prioritization will utilize various research and analytical tools, as well as previous experience with donor giving trends.
4. Ability to verify giving capacity of the overall prospect pool for a fundraiser and for a unit.
5. Knowledge of fundraising terminology and resources.
6. Skill and resourcefulness in using references to gather needed information to complete projects.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills for preparation of research profiles and related products to development officers.
8. Ability to deal with confidential matters with tact and sensitivity.
9. Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete projects within specified timeframes.
10. Experience with SEC information, such as the IPO filing process, information on executive compensation, and understanding corporate financial reports, audit reports, and annual reports.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of research industry/sector performance indicators, such as finance, real estate, health care, technology, media, arts or entertainment.
12. Ability to apply statistical findings to data resources in order to identify trends, relationships, and UCLA affinity.
13. Knowledge of the donor cultivation process, as well as the ability to identify donor engagement opportunities.
14. Familiarity with analytics models that could be provided to units to further enhance giving opportunities.
15. Experience analyzing and organizing information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations, and foundations.
16. Ability to assess service levels and specific research products in order to recommend and implement improvements.
17. Ongoing knowledge of campus current events, and ability to match opportunities for beneficial prospect involvement.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
THE TARGET SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS BETWEEN THE POSTED MINIMUM AND $29.21 HOURLY.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results