This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
The Research Assistant will play an essential role in research focused on development, testing and implementation of behavioral health technologies supporting mental health service delivery in community health settings and the feasibility and acceptability of wearable sensor and mobile health (mHealth) technologies for substance use and mental health care. More specifically, the RA will be responsible for supporting research activities for conducting an implementation field trial of a technology platform to enhance delivery of an evidence-based supported employment intervention and pilot tests of wearable sensor behavioral health technologies with diverse client populations. The RA will also assist in communicating scientific discoveries and engaging a community of diverse consumer, academic, practitioner and industry audiences in the course of field studies and through the CSET website and newsletters. The RA will support the CSET Director and team in research about highly innovative technologies that positively impact people and communities.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Strong ability to organize, take initiative and operate independently with minimal direction.
* Ability to plan and schedule activities.
* Understanding of research practices and experience conducting research literature searches.
* Familiarity and experience with the requirements of data management.
* Facility with social media technologies.
* Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Excel, PPT, Word).
* Ability to use graphics and publishing programs.
* Facility with online survey software preferred.
* Experience with SPSS or SAS preferred.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* One year of experience in health care, social service and/or field research, or the equivalent.
* Prior research experience.
* Previous project-related work involving complex project design and communications is preferred.
* Bachelor s degree in human services related field, or the equivalent.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Sarah Lord, Ph.D., Director, Center for Supported Employment Technology, Director, Dissemination and Implementation Core @ CTBH
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
This position is funded by a grant. Continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
* Recruits and screens research participants.
* Implements research protocols with study participants.
* Assists with data collection procedures with research participants and maintenance of secure databases and research materials.
* Assists with preparation of research documents for institutional review boards.
* Assists with literature reviews and preparation of grant proposals, academic papers, posters, and presentations.
* Participates in ongoing trainings to keep abreast of developments in the field.
* Assures that subject and data confidentiality and integrity are maintained.
Dissemination of Research
* Conducts literature searches of identified topic areas.
* Develops and edits PowerPoint presentations.
* Develops poster presentations for national scientific meetings.
* Participates in preparation and writing of grant proposals, reports and manuscripts.
* Effectively communicates and personally supports the College s values to foster inclusiveness and diversity.
Performs other duties as assigned.