Research Assistant I - Ribonucleic Acid Core Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
Utilizes skills to provide technical research laboratory support in performing research experiments. Maintains records of data collected. Assists in the organization, tabulation and analysis of data under the direct supervision of the laboratory manager or Principal Investigator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Will apply standard molecular biology laboratory practices such as cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA purification and gel electrophoresis.
* Will perform HPLC techniques following the instructions and guidance of Senior Scientists
* *Will meticulously execute technical processes for research grade mRNA manufacturing to generate high quality RNAcore products.
* Will observe and carefully follow RNAcore standard operating procedures.
* Will effectively utilize computer systems, including Microsoft office applications, database software, and statistical or technical software.
* Will maintain precise lab Notebooks, detailed records of executed standard operation procedures, and other research operations.
* Will provide technical support for RNAcore projects and senior scientists.
* Will communicate results clearly and concisely and provide progress reports in an organized, consistent manner.
* Assists in compilation, tabulation, and analysis of data.
* May perform handling of laboratory animals.
* Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates of Arts (AA) with 5+ years experience Or Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) with no experience.
2 years or less of related research experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Certificates required depending on department specialty.
Normal office conditions. Some assignments may be in labs with typical environmental hazards and concerns.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.