Research Assistant, PEAR Institute
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
The PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School creates and fosters evidence-based innovations in socio-emotional learning (SEL) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in youth-serving organizations. PEAR provides trainings and assessment tools that inform educational programs and professionals about program quality in schools and afterschool settings. This position will work across PEAR departments with an emphasis on the interface between our SEL and STEM-related research.
This Research Assistantship (RA) is a full-time position that includes managing data, contributing to the programming and design of our data reporting mechanisms, and performing basic statistical analyses across projects at PEAR. The position requires strong analytic, presentation, writing and communication skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create, edit, and maintain survey documents
* Coordinate SEL/STEM evaluations with external partners
* Monitor and maintain databases
* Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyses
* Create and disseminate data reports for clients
* Perform literature reviews and create bibliographies
* Provide information related to trainings, research projects and/or data collection to PEAR staff, clients, and other evaluation stakeholders
* Perform other duties as assigned
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
* Experience and demonstrated skills related to data collection, data entry, management and the preparation of internal and external research reports, documents and briefs
* Proficiency in statistics and experience using different types of software for data manipulation, management, storage and scheduling (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel)
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Some experience with basic programming a plus
* Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
* Must be able to work across platforms (i.e., Mac and PC computers)
* Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in Education, Social Sciences, Computer Science, or STEM-related field
* Recent Graduate with relevant course or project work
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.