SRH Research Assistant, 40 hrs, CNS Neuotrauma and Stem Cell Biology Lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 4/1/2017
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
Research assistant (full-time) to study neural stem cell biology, biomaterial, gene therapy and pharmacology for multimodal applications in investigating and treating spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury and neural degeneration.
Assist with research activities that may include recruitment and retention of research subjects, administration of study protocol, data management, and research administrative activities.
* Studies are conducted to meet established lab and study aims.
* Achievement of study recruitment goals.
* Data collection and management is completed per established guidelines.
* Work practices comply with regulatory obligations including conduct of human and/or animal research.
* Work is conducted in compliance with safety standards.
* Uphold the PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
* New staff member training is developed and conducted to meet established performance expectations.
* Consultation and support is provided to other research personnel and trainees to meet established goals.
* Report development assistance is provided for the IRB, funding agency and other regulatory agencies a
* Data analysis is conducted per established guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* B.S. or B.A. majored in biology, biochemistry or neuroscience and are interested in in vivo and in vitro laboratory studies.
* Background in cell biologic, physiologic and neurobiologic research with bench skills in histology, immunohistochemistry and cell/tissue culture is preferred.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. PHH takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.