Research Associate (Assistant Professor) 9/1/2016
University of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Institute for Molecular Engineering (IME) is an interdisciplinary institute launched by the University of Chicago in 2011 with the aim of translating molecular-level science into technological solutions with potential societal impact in health care, energy, environmental sustainability and information technology. An independent unit within the university, IME is also affiliated with Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) and Joint appointment is encouraged when appropriate.
IME is seeking an outstanding candidate for a Research Associate (Assistant Professor). This is a non-tenure-track position for a 3-year term that is renewable. The primary activity of the Research Associate is to conduct academic research in association with IME core faculty member Prof. Jeffrey Hubbell and collaborating research teams at the University. Research will be focused on translational immunology, particularly as it applies to vaccination in infectious diseases, with a strong background in both murine and human immunity. The successful candidate will:
- Oversee the development, implementation and progress of multiple research projects. Collaborate with other research laboratories as necessary.
- Seek and secure funding for the research projects.
- Oversee the operations of the research laboratory.
- Develop, monitor, and control research budget. Establish goals, operating procedures, practices and guidelines. Investigate, modify and apply new procedures and techniques.
- Teach and train researchers and research support staff.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience and publication record in innate and adaptive immunity as it relates to response to vaccination and to disease, in the context of infectious disease. A PhD in a relevant area as well as several years' postdoctoral research experience is required.
Interested applicants must apply online and attach electronic copies of a curriculum vitae, a short summary of research interests, and the name and contact information for three (3) references.
To apply, please visit the University of Chicago's Academic Career Opportunities website, https//academiccareers.uchicago.edu/ and requisition number 03094.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination at http://www.uchicago.edu/about/non_discrimination_statement/. Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request.