This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Under direction of the principal investigator, works independently performing a wide range of routine and specialized laboratory tests using molecular, cell biology and/or biochemistry techniques. Develops modifications of existing techniques, as appropriate. With advanced knowledge, responsible for a sophisticated level of problem solving, trouble shooting and analysis.
* Functions as a principal technical specialist for a research laboratory or for a specific research project. Functions as an internal consultant and as a resource to other labs both internally and externally. Performs and devises specialized tests and research procedures, troubleshooting problems of own and other researchers' results.
* Conducts broad range of experiments involving advanced technology. Participates in the design of experimental protocols to achieve the objective of the research project.
* May prioritize work and assign work to lower-level technical personnel. May instruct laboratory techniques and methodology to students and other research personnel. May be involved in complex data analysis and interpretation of results.
* Collaborates with supervisor in writing and editing materials for publication. May assist in preparing manuscripts and writing abstracts. May write portion(s) of grant application, e.g.: Materials and Methods, or Experimental Design.
* May present papers at society meetings. Attends conferences and courses, consults with other researchers and participates in professional activities to keep abreast of the latest technological developments as they relate to the research. Evaluates the applicability of these new developments and implements their use in collaboration with the principal collaborator.
* Bachelor's degree required in Life Sciences or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Bachelor's degree and four years experience. Or, a Master's degree and two years experience.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf