This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Perform research and/or development in collaboration with others. Make observations, analyze data and interpret results. Investigate new methods and technologies for project advancement. Contribute to various projects to support the overall research goals. Communicate with all levels of staff and external collaborators to ensure that work supports team goals. Work on problems in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. The focus of each experiment and the type of techniques employed may vary in accordance with shifts in team goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* In consultation with supervisor, implement experiments to address specific questions defined by group projects.
* Make observations, analyze data and interpret results.
* Investigate and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement.
* Generate oral and written reports on performed experiments. Attend team meetings and present the results. May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
* May contribute to the identification of patentable inventions.
* Consult with literature and scientific staff to maintain professional expertise
* Work independently on routine work and receive instruction on new assignments.
* Other tasks as required by the position.
* Bachelor's degree in life sciences required and relevant research experience in related lab techniques.
* Ability to solve complex problems.
* Ability to exercise judgment within defined practices and techniques.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and with external contacts
* Exceptional organizational and critical thinking skills, lab notebook practices and attention to detail are essential.
* Hire Date: Summer 2017
The Broad Institute will not offer Visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities