This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
LaSalle Investment Management ( LaSalle ) is a global real estate investment manager with over $58.3 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 17 countries worldwide. Our diverse client base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and private individuals from across the globe. LaSalle s investment products include separate accounts, open and closed-end funds, public securities, and mutual funds. As a wholly-owned member of the Jones Lang LaSalle group, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of our parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
LaSalle Investment Management is seeking a Research Associate with real estate research or real estate investment experience to join the US Research & Strategy team. This person will have the experience, knowledge and drive to contribute to the strategic vision and investment performance of an industry-leading real estate investment management firm and strategy team.
This position involves research into economic, capital market, and property market trends in support of the firm s investment strategies. In this role you will: Prepare market forecasts and present findings to portfolio managers, client teams and the Investment Committee.
* Prepare market forecasts and present findings to portfolio managers, client teams and the Investment Committee
* Participate in evaluation of acquisition, and disposition decisions.
* Analyze national, regional and metropolitan economies particularly in terms of their impact on commercial investments and the LaSalle investment portfolio.
* Develop investment strategies based on trends relating to major property types,
* Develop and present analysis making the case for real estate as an asset class to investors.
* Develop and present real estate investment strategies to current and potential clients.
* Collaborate with global members of the Research and Strategy team on special projects related to real estate investment
* Contribute to LaSalle publications, including the global Investment Strategy Annual, regular market commentaries, and special topic white papers.
EDUCATION | YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor s degree is required.
* A Master s degree in business, economics, urban planning, or related field is desired, but not required.
* The ideal candidate will have 3-7 years of experience in real estate, ideally in real estate research or a research-related role in real estate investment management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong working knowledge of economics, finance, and statistics
* Demonstrated understanding of real estate markets and real estate investments.
* Outstanding writing, analytical, and computer skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
* Broad experience with data analysis and intellectual curiosity.
* Excellent presentation, communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the organization.
The position is located in Chicago. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
Start a lasting career with LaSalle Investment Management today! LaSalle Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information, please visit www.lasalle.com.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual fee revenue of $4 billion, JLL has more than 200 corporate offices and operates in 75 countries worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 3 billion square feet and completed $99 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2013. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $48.0 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
LaSalle Investment Management ( LaSalle ) is a global real estate investment manager with $50 billion of private and public real estate assets under management and nearly 700 people in 16 countries worldwide. Our diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. LaSalle sponsors private separate accounts, private open and closed-end commingled funds, and public real estate securities programs. As a wholly-owned member of the Jones Lang LaSalle group, LaSalle's investment teams also draw on the intelligence and resources of our parent company, giving us unique access to market opportunities and key industry leaders.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
The only real estate services and money management firm listed on Forbes magazine s Platinum 400 Best Big Companies list for three consecutive years
One of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens in the United States named by CRO magazine
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com or www.lasalle.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.