This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated Research
Associate to join our Quantitative Pathology Services
(QPS), Tissue Imaging team at the Center for
Personalized Health & Innovation (cPHI) in Hopkinton,
MA. This is an entry level position and is ideal for a
recent college graduate with minimal experience. The
successful candidate will be a member of dynamic team
that provides laboratory services to clients.
PerkinElmer provides staining with up to six antibodies
utilizing our OPAL technology to provide unparalleled
cellular/tissue imaging capabilities. The Quantitative
Pathology Services, Tissue Imaging team focuses on assay
development and optimization, imaging of stained slides,
and image analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Primary responsibilities involve sectioning of
paraffin-embedded, formalin-fixed tissues.
* Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence
(IF) staining of tissues.
* Imaging of IF slides
* General laboratory maintenance including managing
inventory and regent preparation.
* Work with senior members of the team to design and
carry out experiments, as well as, interpret and
present the data.
* Presentation of findings to the Tissue Imaging team.
* Preparation of data for client reports.
* Requires a BS/BA degree in a Life Science with 0-1
year of experience.
* Experience with IHC and tissue sectioning is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, with
excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal
* Ability to troubleshoot and work independently under
pressure of deadlines, as well as, the desire to
work in a fast paced, team environment.