Research Associate I - Metabolic Disease
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 3/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Accepting applications for graduates of 2017
A RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I position focused on drug target discovery is available at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. This position is a rare opportunity to be part of a dynamic team consisting of experts in functional genomics, cell biology, protein biochemistry, and clinical medicine. Our team is focused on targeting cellular metabolism to have a transformative impact on our ability to treat a broad range of diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated research associate who will join a collaborative team of research scientists applying the most cutting edge techniques in genome editing and large-scale genome-wide genetic screening to identify new therapeutic targets. We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and rapidly master new techniques. Technical skill, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills are a must. There will be ample opportunities for co-authorship on high-impact papers.
* Develop and optimize high-throughput screening assays for use in genome-wide genetic screens (pooled CRISPR)
* Execute genetic screens and carry out detailed follow-up on the pathways that are identified using state-of-the art phenotyping tools
* Prepare, order, and maintain stocks of necessary reagents, solutions and supplies
* Analyze experimental data and adjust experimental protocols as needed to ensure project completion in a timely fashion
* Maintain a high quality laboratory notebook, documenting experimental procedures and results
* Attend weekly team meetings to present results, plan experiments, and ensure that projects support current team goals
* Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field
* At least one year of lab experience with biochemistry and molecular biology techniques is required
* Experience independently executing experiments and analyzing data
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Facility with computers and standard data analysis tools, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiasm for learning new experimental techniques and taking on challenging scientific problems in a team environment
* Hire date: Summer 2017
The Broad Institute will not offer Visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities