Research Associate I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description: The Proteomics Platform at the Broad Institute is seeking a Research Associate to assist with large scale efforts in the execution of targeted proteomic signature profiling assays. Under the auspices of the LINCS program (www.lincsproject.org), we have developed mass spectrometry-based assays that monitor the levels of important sentinel phosphorylation sites and histone post-translational modifications in biological samples. Over the next 5 years, we will engage in drug and genetic perturbational profiling of cellular systems in cancer, neurobiology, and other selected systems to generate an unprecedented amount of proteomic data. Some of these data will be collected using next-generation data-independent acquisition (DIA) techniques. Our goal is to formulate proteomic "connectivity maps" of gene and drug function that illuminate the cellular mechanisms and interrelations of signaling and epigenetics.
We are looking to hire a Research Associate to support cutting edge projects in proteomics and mass spectrometry as part of the Broad Institute's Proteomics Platform. Specifically, we engage in proteomics studies that are expansive in scope, necessitating development of robust sample handling pipelines utilizing state-of-the-art laboratory automation platforms. Our laboratory is a leader in the field of biological mass spectrometry and proteomics. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of dynamic team consisting of experts in protein biochemistry, proteomics, mass spectrometry (MS), computational biology, and clinical medicine. Duties include utilization of laboratory automation instrumentation to execute established proteomic workflows, as well as cell culture, basic molecular biology and biochemistry, high performance liquid chromatography, sample preparation for mass spectrometry, tracking, and quality testing of critical reagents and processes. The successful candidate will gain experience and confidence in laboratory methodology, and transition to independent project management in time. Will help to bring new experimental designs to rapid fruition through dedicated support and will be exposed to a wide range of important biomedical projects. Will attend and participate in group meetings to exchange ideas and to be aware of the platform's goals and adapt to changes in fast paced dynamic team environment. Communicate effectively with all levels of staff to ensure that work supports current team goals. The successful candidate must be detailed oriented and organized and be willing to perform other tasks as required.
* Conduct various bench level experiments to support the goals of scientific research
* Operates and maintains laboratory equipment to complete investigation
* Prepares, orders and maintains stocks of necessary reagents, solutions and supplies
* Documents, compiles, and analyzes experimental data. Reports data to supervisor in oral and written reports
* Attends team meetings for experimental planning
* Assists with calculations and in preparing graphic displays of data as part of data analysis
* Maintains laboratory records, compliance and safety, biohazard and radioactivity guidelines Other related tasks as required
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in biology, chemistry or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
* Familiarity of basic laboratory techniques and principles of molecular biology required: some research experience in addition to degree-related laboratory work preferred
* Experience with computers required, database experience a plus. Excellent written, documentation and oral communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle a variety of tasks independently.
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities