Research Associate I - Cardiovascular Disease Initiative 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Accepting applications for graduates of 2017
The Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard, a world leader in genetic research, is looking for exceptional candidates to join the Cardiometabolic Disease Program. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team to assist in the study of heart disease using cell biology, biochemistry, cell lines and model systems. The current project will focus on myocardial infarction and atrial fibrillation under the direction of Drs. Kathiresan and Ellinor. The candidate will work closely with one of our project leaders to identify novel molecular pathways for myocardial infarction and/or atrial fibrillation. The candidate will be involved in day-to-day laboratory work, assist with experimental design, collaborate closely with other scientists on the team, and communicate scientific results to team members.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of cell-based assays to support target validation, hit identification and optimization
- Maintenance of cell lines, organization of cell banks, and isolation of primary cells for use in cell based assays.
- Independently working to design and execute research plans to ensure that critical project requirements, timelines and deliverables are met.
- Troubleshooting and solving scientific problems with minimal guidance
- Independently operating and maintaining lab equipment.
Requirements: - Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry or related field
- Wet lab experience and excellent documentation skills required
- Ability to critically read, interpret, and adapt scientific literature required.
- Ability to perform as a team member with good interpersonal skills
- Strong and diverse cell culture experience is desired
- Familiarity with molecular biology (cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, CRISPR/Cas9) and biochemistry (protein purification, enzymatic assays, western blot, ELISA) preferred
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Hire Date: Summer 2017