Research Associate II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Research Associate II
Staff Res Assoc II-Nonexempt
40 hrs, Mon-Fri, 8:30-5PM, 30 min lunch break
Reed Building 1-123-Westwood, CA.
$21.91 / $3812
$35.26 / $6135
Layoff Referral Deadline:
A. Serve as an assistant for research projects planned and conducted through the UCLA Kagan Alzheimer s Disease Treatment Development Program.
1. Read, fully understand, and precisely carry out research protocols.
2. Perform 12-lead ECGs on clinical trials subjects.
3. Collect and process research specimen according to protocol and program standard operating procedures
4. Coordinate subject visits with PI, SRAs, physicians, blinded raters, and other important personnel.
5. Coordinate subject visits with CNT, CTRC, radiology, molecular imaging, lab, pharmacy, etc.
6. Assist the senior SRA in the preparation of research protocols, informed consent documents, and UCLA Clinical Translational Research Center (CTRC) applications.
7. Ensure the proper regulatory approval of all new and on-going studies through UCLA Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Western IRB.
8. Assist in the maintainenance of an organized system for tracking of regulatory documents.
9. Follow FDA regulations and UCLA policies governing clinical trials with human subjects.
10. Educate potential research subjects and their caregivers on research projects including the purpose, procedures, risks, benefits, and rights as subjects while adhering to UCLA policies and procedures concerning informed consent.
11. Using universal precautions, process blood and urine specimens as outlined in research protocols.
12. Forward blood and urine specimens to designated central labs in accordance with UCLA Office of Environment, Health, and Safety guidelines.
13. Review records, data sheets, and case report forms for completeness and accuracy.
14. Respond to inquiries from the general public regarding clinical trials for memory problems, Alzheimer s disease, and other dementias.
15. Complete and maintain certification in outcome assessments, per study protocol and sponsor requirements.
16. Perform psychometric testing assessment of research participants
17. Complete and maintain certification in the on-line program CITI Training.
18. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of adverse events to sponsors and IRB
19. Maintain a detailed and accurate record of all subject related visits and data collection.
20. Schedule monitor visits and work with monitors to resolve data discrepancies.
21. Attend clinical trials investigators meetings, which may be at locations outside Los Angeles and may require air travel, overnight and/or weekend stays (2-3 annually).
22. Travel to off-campus research sites to carry out clinical trial activities as needed.
23. Perform other duties to facilitate and ensure safe subject care as needed.
24. Accurately measure and record subjects vital signs.
25. Perform blood draws on clinical trial participants.
B. Data Management
1. Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirments and systems
2. Create and track subject visits in Excel files and report progress weekly to Manager.
3. Create and maintain subject source charts following sponsor guidelines and FDA regulations governing record keeping.
3. Design and develop source documents specific to each clinical trial, as necessary.
4. Coordinate monitor visits and work with monitor to reconcile data discrepancies.
5. Create and maintain organized tracking system for all regulatory documents.
6. Assist the Director on as-needed basis in data analysis, intreptation and summary for conference presentations and manuscripts.
7. Provide data as required for annual federal grant report and any other grant/trial proposal.
C. Other responsibilities
1. Will attend weekly meetings to keep the Program Director and physicians apprised of status.
2. Support activities of the Easton Center as necessary, including but not limited to, performing telephone follow-up with potential participants, data collection, and other supportive activities in non-clinical trial studies.
3. Attend regular all-staff meetings for the Easton Center.
4. Provide CNT and CTRC Coordinators with updates to clinical trials policies, protocols, and procedures.
Medical training and experience with medical terminology
BA or BS degree in Psychology, Biology, or Sociology with courses in Health Services, epidemiology, biostatistics, and health research methodology, or relevant field strongly preferred.
Recent (within the last 18 months) and relevant experience conducting clinical trials
Demonstrated knowledge of Alzheimer s disease
Experience in preparing protocols for Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
Experience in working with neurology patients and patient triaging
Ability to communicate effectively in spoken English
Ability to speak Spanish
Skill in writing legible, concise, and grammatically correct standard English
Knowledge of universal precautions
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy
Ability to work cooperatively with physicians, nurses, and Center staff
Customer service skills to interact courteously, tactfully, and with sensitivity to patients, research subjects, caregivers, and the general public
Ability to make sound judgments and decisions
Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively with frequent interruptions and distractions
Knowledge of FDA regulations pertaining to drug research with human subjects at clinical sites
Skill in performing venipuncture
Skill in use of laboratory centrifuge
Skill in performing 12-lead ECGs
Knowledge of UCLA Office of Environment, Health, and Safety guidelines for shipping diagnostic specimens
Ability to work overtime or alternate hours as requested
Ability to travel, including weekends
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite for Macintosh computers
Previous experience in cognitive, psychological, or neuropsychological test administration
Ability to work Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00 pm including 30 minute lunch break