Research Associate II 8/12/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Research Associate II
Staff Res Assoc II-Nonexempt
Reed Neurology-Westwood, CA.
$22.57 / $3927
$36.32 / $6320
Layoff Referral Deadline:
A. Image Analysis
Perform customized for image analysis procedures for multimodal imaging data including structural, functional, diffusion imaging datasets using specialized image analysis software (e.g., BrainSuite, FSL, LCModel, Freesurfer).
Customize and run data processing scripts and commands.
Run image analysis pipelines.
Run statistical procedures using standard programs or software customized for imaging data.
Archive research data.
B. Image Acquisition
1. Assist with scheduling and screening subjects for image acquisition.
2. Assist with the acquisition of structural and functional image data using standardized protocols
3. Enter subject information into database
C. Information Management & Organizational Duties
1. Be responsible for updating and logging research procedures and progress.
2. Manage research data on Unix operating systems in a number of different file formats specific for MRI data, and manage metadata using standard software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SPSS.
3. Participate in weekly organizational meetings.
4. Maintain a detailed log of research tasks and progress.
5. Maintain updated files and storage of subject metadata.
D. Supervise Undergraduate Researchers and Coordinate with other Research Staff
1. Act as intermediate supervisor for undergraduate student researchers.
2. Train undergraduate researchers or collaborators to perform specific data analysis procedures.
3. Interact with other research staff to complete data analysis, archiving, transfer or other.
Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact, communicate, and work as a team member with the academic, research and administrative staff, students and database and information systems personnel.
Knowledge and experience using standard software programs including PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and SPSS, HTML.
Knowledge of neuroanatomy and neuroscience.
Knowledge of Unix operating systems and scripting.
Knowledge of computer programming (e.g., Python, C, Matlab).
Knowledge and experience using image analysis software programs such as BrainSuite, FSL, and/or other.
Skills in working independently, ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines and accomplish established goals.
Experience interacting with research subjects, including psychologically vulnerable populations.
Familiarity with MRI scanning.
Demonstrated experience with data organization and recording.