Research Associate II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Research Associate II
Staff Res Assoc II-Nonexempt
NPI 38-240_Westwood, CA.
$21.91 / $3812
$35.26 / $6135
Layoff Referral Deadline:
1. Assist in program planning, development and administration
* Coordinate and facilitate intervention groups for African American HIV serodiscordant male and female couples following the Eban II Curriculum.
* Assist with recruitment of study subjects by screening and consenting research subjects under the supervision of the Project Coordinator.
* Assist with the administration of a computerized interview to collect data.
* Face to face interview
* attend weekly supervision meetings with the PI and Project Coordinator(s),
* Document intervention group activities (incentive payments, notes, tape recordings, etc.),
* conducting community presentations,
* Collaborating with community partners
2. Write grants and manuscripts
3. Work closely with the Center for Culture, Trauma and Mental Health team as well as other staff and the Principal Investigator to craft manuscripts for publication and to assist in writing grants for federal and private funding
4. Attend regular staff meetings.
1. Ability to be non-judgmental about diverse sexual experiences and lifestyles of men and women
2. Ability to interact on a professional level with other research team members
3. Ability to interview HIV-positive and negative women and men regarding sensitive material, including sexual contact and HIV/AIDS
4. Ability to conduct an assessment of HIV/AIDS related risk taking and track lost clients in order to follow-up
5. Ability to work independently and report to P.I. on a regular basis and in a timely manner
6. Have experience in writing manuscripts
7. Have experience in writing grants
8. Understand socio-cultural factors related to sex and relationships
9. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
10. Excellent communication abilities to facilitate groups and make appropriate referrals
11. Interface and meet with investigators in Northern California about the project to discuss ongoing studies and components appropriate to the study (i.e., requires travel)
12. Participate with staff, university and CBOs for implementation of research and follow-up accordingly
13. Attend regular staff meetings with principal investigators to report on the intervention, assessment, recruitment progress for the study.