- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Research Associate II (Senior R&D Scientist)
At Bio-Rad s Digital Biology Center, we make products that scientists and doctors throughout the world use to make discoveries and diagnose and treat disease. Our Droplet Digital technology is a game changer in these fields. We use microfluidics to split molecular biology into thousands of nanoliter-sized droplets, each an independent reaction vessel. By partitioning reactions to the level of single molecules and cells, we can achieve unprecedented sensitivity, precision and scalability. We are the leaders in this technology, and our Droplet Digital PCR, (ddPCR) platform is allowing fundamentally new research and discovery.
In our Advanced our R&D group, we make new instruments, reagents and assays to bring the power of Droplet Digital technology to new areas of research. For example, our ddSEQ platform will enable fundamentally new ways of library preparation for Next-Generation Sequencing. We are looking for a R&D research associate to join our team of biologists and engineers working on new applications for NGS and beyond.
If you are a research associate who thrives on pushing back the boundaries of the unknown, relishes the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and is thrilled by working on a team to take ideas from white board to full product release, please read on!
What you ll be doing:
* Help develop new molecular biology methodologies and reagents for Next Generation sequencing sample preparation.
* Molecular biology methods, such as PCR, electrophoresis, purifications and cloning.
* Transfer research methods to development and manufacturing groups.
What you need for this role:
* A keen eye and interest in owning, rather than simply executing experiments.
* B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or similar, with 1-3 years of lab experience.
* Track record of execution and analysis of experiments on aggressive schedules in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary setting while working alongside scientists, engineers, chemists, software developers and manufacturing professionals.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
* Satisfaction in working at the cutting edge of biotech, and seeing your work make a difference in the world.
Located in beautiful Pleasanton, CA, the Digital Biology Center (DBC) is an innovation center with over 100 employees focused on the development of digital PCR and creative use of core droplet technologies. Bio-Rad Laboratories is a global leader, with a team of over 7,800 employees and a global network of operations that serves our life science research and clinical diagnostics customers, helping people live longer, healthier lives.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.