Research Associate II (Senior R&D Scientist)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Bio-Rad s Digital Biology Center, we make products that scientists and doctors throughout the world use to make discoveries and diagnose and treat disease. Our Droplet Digital technology is a game changer in these fields. We use microfluidics to split molecular biology into thousands of nanoliter-sized droplets, each an independent reaction vessel. By partitioning reactions to the level of single molecules and cells, we can achieve unprecedented sensitivity, precision and scalability. We are the leaders in this technology, and our Droplet Digital PCR, (ddPCR) platform is allowing fundamentally new research and discovery.
In our Advanced our R&D group, we make new instruments, reagents and assays to bring the power of Droplet Digital technology to new areas of research. For example, our ddSEQ platform will enable fundamentally new ways of library preparation for Next-Generation Sequencing. We are looking for a R&D research associate to join our team of biologists and engineers working on new applications for NGS and beyond.
If you are a research associate who thrives on pushing back the boundaries of the unknown, relishes the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and is thrilled by working on a team to take ideas from white board to full product release, please read on!
What you ll be doing:
* Help develop new molecular biology methodologies and reagents for Next Generation sequencing sample preparation.
* Molecular biology methods, such as PCR, electrophoresis, purifications and cloning.
* Transfer research methods to development and manufacturing groups.
What you need for this role:
* A keen eye and interest in owning, rather than simply executing experiments.
* B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or similar, with 1-3 years of lab experience.
* Track record of execution and analysis of experiments on aggressive schedules in a rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary setting while working alongside scientists, engineers, chemists, software developers and manufacturing professionals.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
* Satisfaction in working at the cutting edge of biotech, and seeing your work make a difference in the world.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.