Research Associate Physics 9/10/2016
Brookhaven National Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will involve heavy-ion research with the ATLAS experiment at the LHC and also work toward the anticipated sPHENIX experiment at RHIC, with approximately a 50/50 balance of effort between the two. The focus of both will be multi-scale observables as a way to investigate the dynamics underlying the properties of the quark-gluon plasma.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must have a Ph.D. nuclear physics.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong computing and/or detector skills and a strong track record of excellent physics research in relevant areas.
Other Information (Security Clearance, drivers license, use of private car, location, travel requirements)
* BNL policy requires that research associate appointments be made to individuals who have received their doctorate within the past five years.
* Requires travel, including foreign travel.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
* Medical Plans
* Dental Plans
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor