This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
Silver Spring, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Research Associate to work in our Silver Spring, MD office.
Duties: ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) has an immediate opening for a Research Associate to support the NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology s Fisheries Statistics Division. The physical location of this Office is in Silver Spring, MD.
Background: NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology (ST) promotes and ensures the sound scientific basis for NOAA Fisheries science programs and resource conservation and management decisions. The Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) focuses on collecting, analyzing, and reporting recreational fishing data. MRIP was initiated by NOAA Fisheries as a state-federal collaborative working with the interstate fisheries commissions and other relevant agencies to reassess and redesign how recreational data are collected, analyzed, and used. MRIP is the new way NOAA Fisheries is collecting, analyzing and reporting recreational fishing data.
The NOAA Fisheries Office of Science and Technology requires survey operations support to assist with monitoring and performing technical reviews on survey deliverables and data collection tasks from contractors and/or state partner grantees, performing QA/QC checks of survey sample frames and survey data, and reviewing survey contract deliverables to determine whether or not they meet requirements specified in the subject contract or grant.
* Data Management Effectively manage data and make necessary corrections as required.
* Data Dissemination Facilitate responses to routine requests for survey data and statistics which are maintained in SAS format, and produce data tables and datasets with requested information.
* Monitor Survey Performance Monitor the conduct of survey tasks by contractors and/or state agency partners. This work requires understanding of the basic schedule of sampling and data collection tasks performed by contractors/grantees.
* Track Survey Deliverables Track the deliverables (or progress reports) from contractors and/or state partner grantees according to a pre-defined schedule.
* Review Survey Deliverables Relative to Survey Contract Requirements Check and review survey contract deliverables (or grant progress reports) to determine whether or not they meet requirements specified in the subject contract or grant.
* Quality Control, Auditing, and Editing of Survey Data Check data delivered by data collection contractors and/or state partner grantees for possible errors. If errors are found, then the contractor/grantee must be notified as soon as possible to allow timely communications with data collection or data entry staff as needed to determine an appropriate correction.
* Communications with Survey Contractors, State Partners, and Interstate Commission Partners Communicate with contractors, states, and interstate commissions to facilitate survey operations.
* Bachelor s degree in environmental science, biology, statistics or a related field. Graduate degree in environmental science, biology, statistics or a related field preferred. Degree (or background) in fisheries is a plus.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Organized and process oriented with an attention to detail.
* Strong quantitative skills.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
* SAS programming skills.
* Strong data management and analysis skills.
* Knowledge of surveys and survey operations.
* Motivated, proactive, and a self-starter.
* Knowledge of fisheries.
* Knowledge of surveys and survey statistics.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Aptitude for complex, analytical work with an attention to detail.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.