Research Associate 8/27/2016
OPKO Health, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OPKO Diagnostics, LLC is a division of OPKO Health, Inc., a publicly traded healthcare company involved in the discovery, development, and commercialization of proprietary pharmaceutical products, medical devices, vaccines, and diagnostic technologies, medical devices, and vaccines . OPKO Diagnostics is based in Woburn, Massachusetts, where we are developing assays for a Point-of-Care diagnostic test system for use in physician offices (Claros analyzer and Sangia assays), and proprietary diagnostics tests for our internal CLIA laboratories (4Kscore) in the United States and for applications worldwide.
OPKO is looking for a Research Associate with laboratory experience (biology, biochemistry) and a willingness to learn new laboratory skills and technologies. You will development of Point-of-Care immunoassays in microfluidic format on our proprietary platform. Your expertise in development of diagnostics product will complement your willingness to learn new laboratory skills associated with our proprietary test platform. The position offers exciting opportunities for professional growth, and contributions to the entire development cycle of innovative diagnostic tests, from the bench to clinical trials, regulatory approval, and market launch. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual who will perform experiments in novel devices with micrometer-sized features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, plan, perform, and document product development activities, including immunoreagent development, immunoassay product optimization and analytical/clinical studies
* Troubleshoot assay, consult literature and actively propose/pursue solutions
Characterize biological reagents, write and validate SOP, train and tech-transfer to QC and manufacturing teams
Assist in the design and development of test system, contribute to regulatory activities * Accomplish goals under tight time lines
* Work closely with project leader to improve test protocols
* Hands on laboratory experience; familiarity with clinical diagnostics is a plus.
* BS/MS in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemistry, or other science.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes :
* 401(k) Plan with Company Match
* Paid Time Off
* Excellent Medical and Dental Plans
* Paid Life Insurance
* Paid Disability Insurance
Ability to work in the US without sponsorship is required.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer