- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Research Asst I, HSD
Research Asst I, HSD
Department / School / College
Is this partially or fully grant funded*
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out experiments as instructed by Principle Investigator (PI). Assists with experimental procedures involving tissue or cell cultures, preparing reagents and solutions, and making direct experimental measurements.
- Performs basic lab techniques required to complete the project. Techniques performed may include Western Blot analysis, Flow cytometry, Elisa.
- Responsible for gathering, organizing, and recording data. Performs simple analysis of results.
- Assists with library and/or electronic research.
- Incorporates new protocols and methodology into work as directed by PI and/or senior lab staff.
- Assists in ordering lab supplies when required.
- Maintains orderly records of purchases.
- Maintains a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs techniques and assists with experiments specific to lab and in accordance with direction from individual PI.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education or Experience
Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
Preferred: Bachelors Degree
Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific journal articles.
- Ability to keep accurate, detailed research records, write reports, and prepare procedural directions.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from others in research group.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity*
What unusual working conditions are associated with this job*
Maywood-Health Science Division
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Candidates Eligible to Apply*
Application Types Accepted
University Staff Application
Required Applicant Documents
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quicklink for Posting
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled