Research Center Development and Publication Suppor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Research Center Development and Publication Suppor
Staff Res Assoc II-Nonexempt
8:00 am to 5:00 pm - Mon to Fri
10920 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 350
$21.91 / $3812
$35.26 / $6135
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Under the direct supervision of the Director and Co-Directors of the UCLA Semel Institute Center for Community Health (CCH), incumbent will work in four primary administrative areas:, development support, website/project management support, publication support, and dissemination support. Incumbent will assist in development related functions of contract/grant proposal submissions including editing and submitting grant proposals to public and private institutions. He/she will assist in administrative support in project management of various Center-wide programs and projects. He/she will assist in the preparation of journal publications, research papers, presentations, reports, graphics, and other written material. Incumbent will also assist in the coordination and processing of select human resources related functions, as needed, for the Center. Incumbent will assist with the preparation of journal publications, research papers, presentations, reports, and other written material, incorporating study findings from CHIPTS researchers. He/she will also assist with managing the CHIPTS and CCH social media in order to promote CHIPTS research agenda. Incumbent will also serve as a project manager on various domestic research projects
35% DEVELOPMENT (CONTRACT & GRANTS / PRE-AWARD & POST-AWARD) SUPPORT
1. Assist in the coordination, support and maintenance of new and ongoing public and private proposal submissions. Including preparation of Administrative Supplements and various responses to funding requests.
2. Assist in editing proposals and progress/close-out reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract and grant application requirements and University guidelines. Coordinate with Semel s Office of Extramural Support and UCLA s Office of Contracts & Grants to meet internal contract and grant deadlines.
3. Assist in the preparation of contract & grant submission applications (including budget development and justification), progress reports, and other information requested by a funding agency and/or the University.
4. Assist with the editing and proofreading of reports and proposals for accuracy and compliance with grant, Human Subject Protection Committee, and University guidelines
5. Maintain proposal and grant tracking databases and accurate records of proposal submission dates, review dates, as well as progress report deadlines in support of new proposals and ongoing grants.
6. Provide regular updates to the Director of Development on all activities associated with proposal development and project management (as it pertains to development issues).
7. Create and maintain electronic and hard copy grant files/folders and secure other grant related records. Locate and reference grant materials upon request.
8. Assist in the maintenance of biosketches, CVs, references, letters of support and other auxiliary material included in grant proposals.
9. Assist in writing letters of intent and supplying collateral materials for applications.
10. Verify references and data cited in proposals, progress reports, and other Center documents.
11. Submit proposals through the S2S Cayuse and ASSIST online proposal submission systems.
12. Submit IRB proposals for newly funded grants across CCH and CHIPTS investigators, as needed.
Maintain up-to-date IRB compliance, including continuing reviews, amendments, submissions and approvals
35% PUBLICATIONS SUPPORT
1. Assist in the preparation of journal publications and presentations
2. Assist with the preparation of research papers and reports
3. Assist with the editing of manuscripts prepared by Center researchers.
4. Conduct literature reviews relevant to ongoing research projects.
5. Research and prepare references for publications using EndNote software tools.
6. Assist in formatting articles for submission to journals and responding to journal production requests.
7. Assist in locating and referencing articles from archives.
8. Assist in updating CVs and biosketches with relevant references from recent and past publications
9. Create graphics (tables, graphs, charts) for publications and presentations using appropriate desktop publishing software.
10. Tracking submissions and revisions of manuscripts in NIHMS, ensuring timely acquisition of PMCID.
Providing support to collaborators using NIHMS, including training and regular check-ins on maintenance.
20% DISSEMINATION SUPPORT
1. Assist with managing content on the CHIPTS and CCH Facebook page, and other media outlets, and serve as a liaison between CHIPTS investigators and consumers.
2. Disseminate scholarly articles, presentations, and conferences associated with CHIPTS investigators and partnering institutions.
3. Assist with the maintenance of blogs, including video blogs, for CHIPTS investigators.
4. Develop and maintain other methods of dissemination of CHIPTS research through social media.
5. Promote CHIPTS meetings, seminars, and collaborator events.
10% OTHER DUTIES
1. Assist with additional administrative/project-related duties upon request to support activities of center Director, Co-Director, and CHIPTS investigators
2. Management of Work Study Students, including determining daily priorities and supervising their work and products, as needed.
1. Maintenance of all CHIPTS and CCH listservs.
Limited-May Become Career
* Preferred: Bachelor s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, with an emphasis on health or mental health;
* Experience and skill in interpreting and assisting in the coordination of H.R. policies and procedures (occasional);
* Familiarity with grant proposals writing and the requirements of federally-funded grants (frequent);
* Skill in coordinating a planning process that involves partners with diverse backgrounds and skills (constant);
* Familiarity with locating and tracking applicable funding opportunities (frequent);
* Demonstrable skills in effective oral and written communication (constant);
* Robust interpersonal skills and ability to work in an environment with constantly shifting priorities, tight deadlines, and diverse work styles. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with a wide range of individuals from community health workers to academic leaders internal and external to UCLA (constant);
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with investigators, community organizations, funding partners, and private foundations (frequent);
* Demonstrable skills in editing manuscripts, grant applications, biosketches, and other collateral material for grants and publications (frequent);
* Familiarity with preparing budgets and budget justifications (frequent);
* Strong organizational and written & verbal communication skills (constant);
* Ability to work in