This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Pinello Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital / Harvard Medical School is looking for Postdoctoral candidates excited about computational challenges in (epi)genomics, single-cell analysis and CRISPR genome editing.
Massachusetts General Hospital is a teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School and one of the top ranked hospitals nationwide. It is located in Boston, Massachusetts with close proximity to numerous other top-notch medical and research institutions including Harvard School of Public Health, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston Childrens Hospital, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Brigham and Womens Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, which fosters close interactions among faculty and fellows and a strong and rich network of collaborations and intellectual exchange.
The candidate(s) will work on interdisciplinary projects developing innovative computational approaches to systematically analyze and integrate sources of genetic and epigenetic variation and gene expression variability in human traits and diseases.
The lab uses machine learning, data mining and high-performance computing technologies such as parallel and GPU computing to solve computationally challenging and Big Data problems associated with next generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis. Our mission is to use computational strategies to further our understanding of disease etiology and to provide a foundation for the development of new drugs and more targeted treatments.Read more about our research, recent publications and software here: http://pinellolab.org.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter describing your current and future research interests, and the contacts of 2-3 references, to Luca: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ideal candidate(s) should have received (or expect to receive soon) a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields
- First (or co-first) author in one or more peer-reviewed scientific publication
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to work both independently and in teams
PREFERRED SKILLS (NOT REQUIRED)
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Experience with commonly used bioinformatics tools and databases
- Experience working with different types of NGS data such as ChIP-seq, RNA-seq, ATAC-seq
- Experience in the analysis of data from genome editing assays
- Experience in the analysis of single cell data
- Knowledge of commonly-used machine learning methods
- Web development
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.