This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Has been awarded or has completed the requirements for a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent. Is a trainee pursuing advanced studies beyond the doctoral level in preparation for an independent career. In collaboration and under the mentorship of the Principle Investigator, a Research Fellow engages in activities that will further his or her professional development.
* Doctoral degree required. Doctoral degree preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Description of the Laboratory: The Minimally Invasive Tumor Therapy Laboratory in the Department of Radiology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Medical School specializes in research in Interventional Radiology and Oncology, studying the biologic tissue effects of minimally-invasive image-guided tumor ablation treatments and combining this with nanoparticle based therapeutics. The lab has 700 sq feet of research space, and access to animal facilities and core imaging suites in the same building.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf