Research Interviewer (Per Diem) (Brooklyn - Bilingual Spanish)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Visiting Nurse Service Of New York
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a comprehensive array of home- and community-based programs, including health plans, tailored to the needs of high-risk, vulnerable New Yorkers, improving their quality of life. Each day, more than 18,000 VNSNY employees including nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers, dieticians, other allied professionals, and paraprofessionals deliver compassionate care, unparalleled medical expertise, and 24/7 solutions and resources to more than 35,000 patients, helping them to live the best lives possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Responsible for collecting primary data for research projects by interviewing study subjects and recording and organizing study subject interview status. Works under close supervision.
* Telephones potential study subjects (e.g., VNSNY patients, staff) to solicit cooperation for research study participation, provides information and answers questions about protocol process.
* Travels to study participants homes and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using approved transportation options to conduct personal interviews with study subjects.
* Keeps detailed records of study subject contact and interview information in a logical and organized format.
* Participates in training and on-going efforts to ensure data integrity. Reviews data collection instruments for completeness and accuracy before submitting to project staff. Responds in a timely manner when notified of problems with instruments or interviewing techniques.
* Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalency required. Bachelors degree in health care, social services or social sciences preferred.
Experience: Prior experience working in a health care setting, home care or geriatrics preferred. Preferred candidates will also have prior interviewing experience and strong communication skills. Excellent customer service and organizational skills required, along with the ability to work autonomously without direct day-to-day supervision required. Candidates must also have access to a personal computer with internet access to receive daily communications from research group. Must be self-motivated to set own work schedule and interviews with patients.
VNSNY is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights, then please visit: