Research Nurse - Enrollment - Drug Development Unit 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 03058-3441
SARAH CANNON RESEARCH INSTITUTE (SCRI) is the research arm of HCA s global cancer enterprise, Sarah Cannon. Focused on advancing therapies for patients, it is one of the world s leading clinical research organizations conducting community-based clinical trials in oncology, cardiology and orthopedics through affiliations with a network of more than 1,000 physicians across the United States and United Kingdom.
We believe our success is dependent on a healthy work environment where staff members are the core of advancing therapies for patients and accelerating drug development. We apply the same compassion and commitment we have for our patients to our co-workers and colleagues and promote an entrepreneurial culture.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibility is to screen, enroll and follow study subjects ensuring protocol compliance and close monitoring while the subjects are on study.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Supports enrolling patients onto clinical trials through recruitment, screening, enrollment and follow up of eligible subjects according to protocol requirements
* Ensures the protection of study patients by timely adherence to protocol requirements/compliance
* Uses the protocol as the only tool to screen, treat, and follow patients
* Reviews the study design and inclusion/exclusion criteria with physician and patient
* Completes and documents screening/eligibility accurately
* Completes and documents the informed consent process accurately and have all parties fully execute the document including HIPAA Authorization
* Completes the inclusion/exclusion form and standard enrollment form accurately
* Accurately completes and submits the on-study forms within two weeks of enrollment for investigator-initiated protocols
* Ensures that patient documentation is completed at each clinic visit while in screening
* Ensures that all medications are approved by the registrar prior to initiating treatment or when changing medication regimens, such as crossover studies
* Accurately calculates and documents the BSA, creatinine clearance, urine protein:creatinine ratio or any other conversions needed per protocol
* Ensures that follow-up appointments, scans, or any related procedures are scheduled correctly according to protocol requirements
* Informs and documents appropriate SCRI and clinic personnel when patient comes off study
* Re-consents patients at the next scheduled visit and documents process appropriately
* Attends monthly staff meetings, if required and participates in start up training for new studies
* Maintains patient confidentiality according to ethical and legal requirements
* Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
* During your employment with SCRI you will be routinely assigned training requirements. You are expected to complete any training assignments by the due date.
* Knowledge: A body of information needed to perform tasks; May be obtained through education, training or experience
* Working knowledge of medical and oncology research terminology
* Abilities:An underlying, enduring trait useful for performing duties
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse team of professionals.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision at offsite facilities.
Minimum Required: Associate's Degree (2 yr program)
Preferred: Bachelor's College Degree (4 yr program)
* Oncology nursing experience
* Clinical research experience
Current RN license to practice in the state of Tennessee
Current BLS certification
Last Edited: 08/24/2016