Research Project Manager - Leukemia Program and the Center for Population Sciences
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Leukemia Program and the Center for Population Sciences at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are looking to hire a self-motivated individual for a full-time Research Project Manager position (level I).
The Research Project Manager will work with a team of medical oncology researchers who focuses on hematologic malignancies. Specific projects will include helping to create a database for patients with blood cancers that includes clinical, pathologic and genomic data. A significant portion of the position will entail reviewing patient charts and abstracting relevant clinical data. There will also be the opportunity to perform biostatical analyses as the database matures.
The Research Project Manager will work independently under the general supervision of a Principal Investigator. Responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for day-to-day oversight and management aspects of assigned projects according to protocol specifications (may include clinical trials).
* Determine patient eligibility, including extracting data from patient medical records and may be responsible for recruitment, consenting and enrollment of study participants.
* Responsible for database management which may include database design with PI directives, informatics and data dictionaries. Maintain study-related databases, and prepare protocol-related reports.
* Responsible for IRB submissions, correspondence, and regulatory binders, including minor administrative amendments.
* Coordination of focus groups and/or administration of qualitative and quantitative interviews.
* Maintain HIPAA confidentiality and data integrity of patient information, which may include medical and/or genetic testing information.
* May be responsible for specimen collection, depending on assigned projects.
* Facilitate project start-up for multi-sites studies.
* May be responsible for scheduling research team meetings and conference calls, facilitating mailings and other project-related administrative tasks.
* Bachelors degree in public health, social sciences, statistics, or related field preferred
* Master s degree preferred.
* 0-3 years related experience working in a clinical, academic research, or similar setting.
* Essential attention to detail, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. - Capability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines. - Excellent ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Strong ability to both work as a member of and effectively and proactively lead teams
* Experience with database management programs and statistical analysis software (SAS preferred).
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.