This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Metabolomics Platform at the Broad Institute. The candidate will conduct metabolite profiling using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS), leading and carrying out projects with supervision. His/her responsibilities will include acquisition and processing of metabolomics data; development of data processing workflows for large nontargeted metabolomics datasets (including data standardization, modeling, and feature alignment); prototyping data processing workflows into web GUIs, and collaborating with software development teams to produce metabolomics informatics tools. The successful candidate will also participate in grant-writing and manuscript preparation. Requirements:
* Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related field
* 2+ years experience in metabolomics
* Ability to independently operate and perform routine maintenance on LC-MS systems
* Knowledge of metabolomics data processing workflows and relevant software
* Proficiency in a relevant computer language (R, Python, Java), with working knowledge of statistical methods and data analysis methods
* Strong critical thinking, research, and analytical skills
* Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
* Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of staff
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities