Research Scientist (Disease Modeling)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The R&D Team for Cellular Assays has an opening for a Research Scientist with a strong scientific background in virology and/or cancer immunology. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of incorporating the latest technologies into their research and with solid cell culture, molecular cloning and bioengineering expertise. The ideal candidate will be interested in applying their background in a hands-on manner to the development of innovative products for the research community.
* Evaluation of new platform technologies, including design, execution, and interpretation of experimental results required to reach a Go/No Go decision.
* Lead optimization & development of licensed technologies from product concept to product commercialization.
* Serve as in-house technical expert in the specific research area of PhD study. Expected to follow scientific literature (10-15% of time), attend conferences and provide technology trends and market competitive analysis overview to managers & executives as required.
* Execute well under pressure and work productively and efficiently in a matrixed team environment to ensure successful transfer of new technologies and products to Manufacturing & Production groups in a timely manner.
* Proactively resolve quality issues on existing products and prepare technical reports to ensure successful training and transfer of solutions to Manufacturing groups.
* Communicate effectively with managers and other stakeholders on the progress of projects. Provide status reports and other related project information as requested.
* Position Requirements
* Ph.D. plus miniumum 1 year of relevant experience in Virology and/or Cancer Immunology.
* Strong background in modeling disease states, setting up 3D culture models and manipulation and culture of difficult primary or human ES/iPS cells,
* Experience in CRISPR genetic modifications, flow cytometry, transfection/transduction methodologies & fluorescence technologies (small molecules, dyes or proteins).
* Expertise in latest techniques for molecular biology & expression cloning
* Experience in protein biochemistry (protein purification, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation).
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.