Research Scientist 9/2/2016
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Research Scientist
Olin Epoxy, a division of Olin Corporation, has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Research Scientist, located in Freeport, Texas. The Olin Epoxy business has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Research Scientist in our R&D / Technical Service laboratory located in Freeport, Texas. The Olin R&D and Technical Service organization is comprised of premier researchers, application developers and technical service experts located around the world. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and executing R&D research to develop new products for infrastructure, civil Engineering and coating market segments.
The core responsibilities includes conducting research, formulation development and engineering analysis on thermoset chemistry especially on Epoxy; generating novel products and breakthrough technology, pursuing patent protection if appropriate; producing summary report and technical presentation for internal and external audience; identifying improvement for existing products and process and implementing the findings to drive to commercial success.
Olin epoxy is a leading global supplier of epoxy components and formulated systems and is looking to continuous growth in the area of coating and civil engineering global markets. The research scientist as part of R&D and TS&D team will be responsible for new product and breakthrough technology development; existing product and process improvement through an understanding of the complex customer unmet needs, defining qualification criteria and continuously working with the marketing and commercial team for strategy and commercialization implementation. Candidate will work in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment in a strategic product segment for the Epoxy business.
This position requires 10-20% of the time travelling to customers in North America.
Critical responsibilities include :
* Translating customer needs into key structure/property and mechanism knowledge for new product development and existing product improvement
* Collaborating across functions/groups as needed to drive project to successful commercialization.
* Internal and external communication of technology and project results
* Securing intellectual property on key technologies and compositions
* Working externally to advance Olin epoxy's reputation as a leading science and technology company in the Epoxy industries.
* This position requires advanced science degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, or Material Science. Ph.D. is preferred. At least 10 years of industrial experience, preferably working with thermoset chemistry on infrastructure, coating and civil engineering area is highly desired.
* New product development experience and track records of successful commercialization are essential. Synthesis experience is a plus.
* Familiar with stage gate process for new product development to deliver the assigned project goal in a timely manner
* Ability to work in multifunctional team and to collaborate for superior results.
* Strong interpersonal skills, business acumen and ability to generate values for both Olin and the customers.
* Self motivated, high initiative.
* Good written and oral communication skills in English.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. - based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee ).
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world's leading producer or Chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
* Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
* An opportunity to make a real difference in the manufacturing industry but a small company environment that gives employees a chance to be seen and appreciated and to grow in responsibility.
* A variety of jobs and career paths that will appeal to those who are drawn to a creative, energetic and open workplace environment.
Olin is an Equal Opportunity Employer . M/W/Vet/Disabled .