Research Scientist, Gene Therapy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Poseida Therapeutics, Inc.
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist to join our Gene Therapy team at our San Diego, CA, location. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to develop new gene editing and gene therapy products in an exciting and dynamic environment focused on cutting-edge gene editing technology. The Research Scientist will have a PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, cell biology, virology or related field, ideally with 2+ years of industry experience. Primarily, the role will:
- Use our proprietary gene therapy platform technologies, including XTNTM and RTNTM TALEN, NextGENTM CRISPR, piggyBacTM and Footprint-FreeTM Gene Editing to create new human therapeutic candidates
- Design and produce vectors including AAV and Lentivirus
- Application of gene delivery platforms including electroporation, nanoparticles, and viral transduction
- Evaluate diverse approaches to optimize gene editing and gene transfer into primary cells, including in vitro experiments and preclinical in vivo studies
- Implement and coordinate novel strategies utilizing gene modified cells for correcting genetic diseases
- Analyze data and report to multidisciplinary groups
- Attend scientific meetings, present results and evaluate and report on research
- Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in the gene therapy and gene editing fields
- Manage 1-2 Research Technicians or Research Associates
- Report to the Senior Director of Gene Therapy
Poseida is a spinout of Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc., a leader in gene editing technologies. Poseida is currently developing CAR-T and gene therapy products for cancer and orphan liver diseases. Poseida is also partnered with J&J s Janssen to develop allogeneic CAR-T therapies against cancer. Poseida has best-in-class genome engineering for stable transgene integration or targeted gene editing. Proprietary platform technologies include piggyBac DNA Modification System (capable of delivering 300kb+ of cargo for stable integration and long-term expression), Footprint-Free Gene Editing System, NextGEN CRISPR, and XTN TALEN site-specific nucleases. Poseida aims to advance the first CAR-T and gene therapy product candidates into Phase I clinical trials in early 2017. Please visit www.poseida.com for more information.