This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Research Scientist is primarily engaged in research or research-related services to the institution, e.g. direction of research core facilities. The role is limited to one that is primarily supportive in nature. This includes scientists who are not on an independent path in terms of external grant funding and publications, and individuals whose job is to serve and support TMHRI.
The expectation for faculty on the Research Track is that full salary support must be maintained by the supervising faculty member(s). This salary support can be constituted from extramural funding, philanthropic funding, start up support, or any combination thereof.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Describe the age group of primary customers/patients served if applicable to this position.
Not applicable School Age (6-12 years)
Neonate (Birth to 28 days) Adolescence (12-18 years)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months) Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years) Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Preschooler (3-6 years) Mature Adult (65 years and older)
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to Performance Evaluation. Please include % breakout of tasks/essential functions.
1. Under the direction of a Principal Investigator, coordinates and provides technical direction to the work activities of research staff engaged in projects .
2. Participates in grant writing
3. Designs, develops, or adapts equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results .
1. Establishes procedures to be applied for projects .
2. Performs and supervises those procedures which require a highly developed technical skill .
3. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
4. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
5. Reviews scientific literature .
1. Analyzes data and interprets data .
2. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Compiles, writes, and submits project results to the principle investigator .
2. Defines problems and possible solutions as dictated by the research project .
3. Participates in writing manuscripts and publications
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Activity Checklist attached (see below)
Standard laboratory environment; Some assignments may be in hospital units with typical hospital environmental hazards and concerns.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.