Research Scientist I - NMR
The Broad Institute is in search of a highly motivated and capable Senior Research Associate to join the NMR Laboratory in the Center for the Development of Therapeutics (CDoT). CDoT is committed to developing and applying novel drug discovery approaches and technologies to address critical unmet medical needs not being tackled elsewhere. The successful candidate will share this commitment and be part of a multidisciplinary team that drives innovation to solve therapeutic challenges.
The primary role for this position is to enable therapeutic discovery through the preparation of samples for structural and screening studies using NMR Spectroscopy, implementation of automation for these studies, and maintenance of NMR instrumentation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the implementation of fragment-based screening and NMR structural studies and will have the opportunity to take ownership over additional methods development projects. Experience with NMR Spectroscopy, automation and handling of protein samples will be advantageous for this position.
* Preparation of samples for protein-ligand interaction studies
* Implementation of automated solutions for sample preparation and data analysis
* Maintenance of NMR instrumentation (cryogen fills, shimming, and training users)
* Initiating and completing routine procedures independently and efficiently
* Interpreting experimental outcomes and proposing next steps
* Troubleshooting technical and scientific problems
* Operating and maintaining laboratory equipment independently
* Documenting work and effectively presenting results
* Working in partnership with other team members to best achieve results
* Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical Chemistry, a related life science field with at least 1+ years of relevant experience
* Experience with either NMR Spectroscopy or protein sample handling is required
* A proven record of successful interaction with project team members, external customers or vendors required
The successful candidate will be a results-focused, team-oriented bench scientist able to excel in a fast-track environment across multiple projects. (S)he must be accountable, self-motivated, detail-oriented and exhibit problem solving skills. In addition, the successful candidate will be a clear and effective communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills to enable collaboration with team members.
* Normal laboratory conditions
* Normal office conditions