Research Scientist I - Particle Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
San Diego, CA
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for the support, development, verification/validation, and transfer of new particles, particle technology and methods for products on the Triage point-of-care medical diagnostic platform as well as new products.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design and carry out complex experimentation including data collection, summary and thorough analysis in support of research and development projects. Compose robust experimentation strategies that maximize effective use of resources and time to deliver optimum information.
* Innovate on various research methods and product formulations to resolve complex problems that arise in the design and development of new particles and products. Pro-actively recommend strategy to overcome hurdles.
* Optimize performance of particles and techniques in conjunction with the assay development team to support menu expansion activities on the Triage platform and new product development.
* Carry out verification/validation activities for new particle and product designs under minimal supervision.
* Maintain technical awareness of current technology by regular review of literature and training courses. Seek out and make contact with people or organizations with expertise in the field.
* Provide recommendations and observations to scientific staff and management on results of projects/tasks.
* Participate as an integral team member in formulating research strategy and methodology.
* Maintain records of laboratory activities and notebooks in a professional, accurate manner.
* May direct junior research staff as required.
* Generate oral and written reports as necessary to summarize laboratory activities and projects.
* Initiate communication with related staff and functions as necessary to coordinate activities effectively.
* Develop and improve current testing technologies and protect proprietary inventions by working with IP team to file patent applications. Follow up on new inventions to deliver patentable solutions to problems and strengthen current patent portfolio.
* Liaise with external companies regarding supply of materials or services.
* Co-ordinate testing with any off-site testing, as appropriate.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* PhD in a related scientific discipline with 1-3 years related experience or MS in a related scientific discipline with 5-7 years related experience
* Working knowledge of federal and other regulations, e.g. QSRs, ISO, ISO 13485, CMDR
* Demonstrated skills in carrying out innovative research with minimal guidance in an accurate, effective manner.
* Able to work with a variety of people on multiple tasks.