Research Scientist III (Computer Scientist III)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Secure Mission Solutions, a Parsons Comany
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you interested in research within the Computer Science realm, looking onward to the next nest thing Come join the ANCS (Advanced Networking and Computational Sciences) Team in Aberdeen! The individual performs a broad range of engineering and computer scientist assignments entailing unique problems, creativity, innovative use of techniques, advanced approaches, and/or new technologies in the areas of high performance computing for the battlefield, new and emerging computer architectures, innovative 3D interactive visualization.
Provide professional and scientific expertise in performance of work requiring knowledge and application of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific principles, methods, and techniques.
Desired: experience with System Administration and/or Software Development
* Must be able to qualify for a U.S. Security Clearance.
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science or higher
* Over 5 years of experience and M.S.
* Experience utilizing scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models and computer programs to evaluate and predict the ability to support assigned projects, studies, or problems.
* Familiar with one or more programming languages: C, C++, Python, Java, CUDA, OpenCL
* Familiarity with Linux
* System Administration capabilities
* Good written and verbal communication skills; work independently with decision making responsibilities