Research Scientist Intern 8/12/2016
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Research Scientist Intern
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Ginzton Technology Center (GTC)
We are seeking a highly motivated and enterprising intern scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team of physicists and biologists at our translational medicine group of Varian. The biology trained candidate will work in a team environment to perform assays for the development of DNA damage based radiosensitizers and novel immune modulators in our state of the art biochemistry laboratory. This is a unique opportunity to work in a truly multi-disciplinary research environment at Varian . A background in oncology or radiation sciences is highly desirable though not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Design, conduct and analyze cell-based assays
- familiar with mammalian cell culture
- organize, coordinate and execute project assignments
- interpret assay results, and present findings to project teams
- prepare written final reports
- interact with multi-disciplinary teams
- contribute to assay development, including assay design and troubleshooting
Education and Experience:
BS or MS in biology or equivalent, 0-3 years of relevant cell biology experience