Research Specialist / PER DIEM / DAYS / CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Research Specialist will work under the supervision of the Senior Investigator as part of a team of clinicians and scientists working on multiple clinical and translational research projects. These research projects are designed to enable discoveries that will profoundly impact human health and disease. The candidate will work in the clinical and research areas of BWH and will require professionalism, self-motivation, and an ability to work independently. There will be as-needed training in all required tasks initially and throughout a given projects. The candidate should have experience in data analyses, statistical programming, and data management, and be highly motivated and able to learn new analytical skills. The candidate may be responsible for the following activities: analyzing large databases of patient data, applying advanced computational methods to analyses of high-dimensional data, contributing to the preparation and presentation of research results in the form of oral presentation at meetings and conferences and in the form of publications, and, coordinating collaborative research activities with investigators within other Harvard departments and at other institutions across the U.S. and other countries around the world.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for analyzing large research databases including those containing high-dimensional biomarker and outcomes data.
* Responsible for applying advanced computational methods to the analysis of high-dimensional data across multiple large datasets.
* Contribute to study design as well as creation and implementation of analytical plans for specific research projects or a set of research projects.
* Contribute to the preparation of research results for presentation or publication.
* All other duties, as assigned.
Advanced masters or doctoral degree, preferably in an analytical and/or computational field.
Interest in clinical and/or translational research strongly preferred.
At least five years of relevant experience.
* Experience with R, STATA, and/or SAS.
* Experience working in a computer cluster environment would also be helpful.
* Experience working with and managing large datasets is required.
* Excellent English oral and written communication skills are required.
* Candidate must be highly organized and have precise attention to detail.
* Able to multitask and assign priorities in a busy environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with a dynamic team.
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects rights and individual needs.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.