Research Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONReporting to the Director of Clinical Computational Neuroimaging Group at the Athinoula A Martinos Center/ Associate Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School, the Research Technician helps analyze, acquire and archive clinical and research neuroimaging data (MRI and CT).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in validation and integrity checks of collected imaging data
* Help process the collected data using existing image programs and help archive the results
* Assist senior programmers in maintaining, testing, and developing programs for data retrieval, processing, and content management of images and metadata
* Write clean, reusable code that is well-documented
* Assist in acquiring research neuroimaging data
* Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Comfortable working on Linux operating systems.
* Experience with shell scripting (Perl), Matlab, signal & image processing are plusses.
* Attention to detail and ability to multitask are essential.
* Ideal for motivated individuals with a technical background who have an interest in clinical research.
Required: Some knowledge of programming or scripting or experience in computational or data sciences
Preferred: Image processing knowledge
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.