Research Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Olabisi lab at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School is seeking a highly motivated full time research assistant with prior lab experience beginning in October 2016. Dr. Olabisi research focuses on identification and characterization of signaling pathways involved in progression of chronic kidney disease, including Apolipoprotein L1 nephropathy. The research assistant will be trained to perform work to support the laboratorys research endeavors, including assisting the principal investigator and other lab members. The successful candidate will learn to perform experiments involving gene editing, molecular cloning, western blotting, PCR, cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques.
We are seeking a highly motivated research assistant with prior molecular/cellular biology research experience to perform experiments for assessing molecular mechanism underlying rapidly progressive chronic kidney disease. This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong background in molecular biology techniques, who enjoys working in an intellectually stimulating environment.
* Will be required to learn to maintain cell culture and updated keep record.
* Will be required to learn perform gene editing with CRISPR-CAS technique as well as perform routine molecular biology techniques such as PCR, western blotting, DNA and RNA purification and DNA cloning.
* Maintains and orders supplies when needed.
* Assists in cleaning and maintaining lab area.
* Performs other duties as assigned or as position requires.
* Bachelors degree
* Prior research experience in a molecular/cellular biology laboratory
* Demonstrable competence in molecular cloning techniques
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as for principal investigator
* Ability to accept constructive feedback
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.