Research Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 6/9/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Anderson lab is seeking a full-time Research Lab Technician II. The Research Lab Technician II will work with the Principal Investigator and Senior Laboratory personnel in a research laboratory. Primary responsibilities are to independently perform experiments for research projects under minimal supervision of the project head and the PI of the laboratory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs the duties of a Research Tech I plus:
* Collect samples from animal for nerve staining and OCT imaging
* Perform antibody directed cutaneous and peripheral nerve staining
* Acquire data from confocal microscopy imaging and analyze cutaneous nerve staining data
* Performs basic design and modifications of protocols
* Independently completes experiments
* Executes protocols on non-routine experiments
* Calculates, transcribe and analyzes data from TEM images
* Prepares and presents reports to PI and lab team
* Organizes and summarizes acquired data, using scientific and statistical techniques
* Organizes and/or drafts material for the preparation of research papers, manuscripts or other documents for publication and/or presentation.
* Work with rat, swine and mouse models
May serve as Team Leader to lab assistants and Research Tech I.
SKILLS ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Analytical skills and ability to resolve technical problems.
* Ability to interpret acceptability of data results.
* Ability to do nerve staining, acquisition of data through confocal imaging and analysis of data
* Working knowledge of data management programs.
* High degree of computer literacy and experience working with Image J and confocal microscope
* Demonstrated competence in research techniques and methodologies.
Duties will be performed in a research laboratory
* BA/BS Required
Minimum of 1 year of directly related experience required Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.