Research Technician - Molecular Biology Core Facility
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position in the Molecular Biology Core Facilities Genomics lab is primarily focused on Next-Generation Sequencing sample preparation, quality control, and applications. This position will assist in the set up, operation and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment, monitoring experiments, making observations and calculating and recording results.
* Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing library quality control assays and reporting.
* Operation and maintenance of Illumina NextSeq500s and MiSeqs
* Sample prep operation and maintenance of Sanger sequencing instrumentation.
* Responsible for development, modification, and improvement of standard operating procedures
* Bachelor's Degree required with a major in biology or chemistry preferred.
* Knowledge of information and techniques related to either biology, chemistry, or medicine is preferred.
* Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to work with a wide variety of faculty and staff.
* Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
* Must have attention to detail and be thorough in completing work tasks.
* Ability to work within a team environment.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.