This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position will support a number of ongoing bench research activities based at the Kashiwagi Laboratory in the Vaccine and Immunotherapy Center at MGH. Studies pertain to the mechanisms of action and efficacy of the laser adjuvant technology. Research will involve both in vitro and in vivo (mouse) studies and will utilize a broad range of immunologic and cellular assay techniques. The Research Technologist will work as an integral part of a number of project teams composed of postdoctoral fellows, graduate and undergraduate students and will play a key role in executing bench and animal studies. Our Center highly values collaboration among scientists, and we are seeking for an individual with strong team function and excellent work ethics.
1. Independently perform routine experimental procedures and cellular and molecular biology assays.
2. Independently perform highly specialized immunology procedures and assays.
3. Assist team in troubleshooting new assays and experimental procedures.
4. Draft protocols for laboratory experimental procedures and assays as part of quality control activities.
5. Assist team with initial analysis of data from assays and experiments.
6. Draft scientific posters and abstracts for public presentation of research.
7. Draft animal study protocols for specific research projects.
1. Ability to perform in vitro and in vivo experimental procedures independently.
2. Ability to critical analyze data, devise new experimental protocols and troubleshoot existing procedures when errors arise.
3. Strong team function skills
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
5. Demonstrated strong organizational skills
6. Computer competency
7. Ability to critically read and evaluate the literature with an emphasis on immunology
B.S or M.S.
Minimum of 3 years experience in conducting bench-based research in life sciences field.
Wet bench laboratory at BSL2 biohazard level.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.