Research Tissue Coordinator - Organ(Part-Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Coordinates all functions of Research Tissue donation from IIAM referral partners including
confirmation and review of authorization for donation and Medical/Behavioral
Assessment as well as coordination of recovery arrangements during business and
non-business hours including weekends and holidays. Serves as a representative of IIAM and MTF,
interacting and communicating with donor source staff and other key individuals
and groups in a manner that reflects positively on the organization. Displays respect for the donor and donor
family at all times and maintains donor confidentiality.
Risks: required to sit for prolonged periods of time; repetitive motion from computer keyboard strikes for data entry; speaking on telephone for long periods of time.
1. Screens potential Research Organ/Tissue donors against approved research entity criteria.
2. Interacts with organ procurement organization and other research recovery entities to obtain legal documents for authorization, a current and completed Medical/Behavioral Assessment and other relevant medical information in order to appropriately screen and disseminate donor and organ information to approved IIAM researchers and ensure appropriate recovery of Research Tissue.
3. Coordinates retrieval, transportation and delivery of all accepted Research tissue.
4. Performs all aspects of time critical Research Tissue donation screening, coordination and tracking in accordance with IIAM SOP s and in compliance with all company policies and standards as well as those of applicable regulatory bodies.
5. Enters relevant donor and Research Tissue information and outcomes into database for tracking purposes.
6. Perform Quality Assurance responsibilities as defined by departmental procedures.
7. Attends meetings and trainings as required.
8. Assists on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
Medical or technical background; high school diploma or certification in a health or related field
Two years of clinical hospital, public health or organ donation industry experience
Specific Licenses and/or Certifications:
Specialized Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities*:
Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
Strong customer service skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Strong computer skills
Ability to multi-task
On-call rotation to include business hours, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
Consistent typing, writing and speaking on the telephone
MTF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.