Research and Development Technician - Bay Area - up to $52k
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are a fast-growing rechargeable lithium battery company in the Bay area. With teams of world-class scientist and engineers, we are taking full charge toward revolutionizing electricity storage and delivery. We are looking for a strong and motivated technician to assist in the preparation of materials and characterization.
As an entry-level technician you will have the ability to support the team in a lab environment. Your goal is on-going work to develop materials and processes for lithium ion cells through material processing, cell fabrication, and life-testing. You will also have the ability to provide technical support to other departments for ongoing cell fabrication.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting hands-on technical support for a variety of routine tasks, including preparation and testing of materials and initiating cell testing
- Preparing slurries and characterizing viscosity and other properties
- Coating electrode slurries and handling web materials
- Handling parts and building batteries
- Operating equipment such as a glove box, coater, welder, calendar, press and sealer
- Transporting and storing batteries, putting batteries on test, starting and stopping batteries tests
- Ownership of SOP, product, equipment, materials and parts, and 5S
- Performing other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Technical associate degree or above
- Preferred work experience in a research and development lab environment
- Preferred work experience in semiconductor, battery manufacturing, chemistry, plastics or biotech industries
- Proven record of accountability, ownership of tasks, striving for accomplishment, success and results oriented individual
- Experience handling chemicals, preparing/processing slurries, coating slurries into thin films, device assembly and testing
- Experienced conducting quality control with different characterization tools and completing process control forms
- Following SOP, mastering SOP in an efficient fashion
- Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
If you are a dynamic and motivated technician ready to work with a growing company, this position is for you! Submit your resume today, we are looking to start the top candidate immediately! We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.