This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONResearcher, NVH
COMPANY: Hitachi America, Ltd.
DIVISION: R&D/Automotive Products Lab
LOCATION: Farmington Hills, MI
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a Ph.D. or Masters degree holder in Mechanical Engineering to join our Automotive Research & Development team as a Researcher to contribute in the area of Noise, Vibration & Harshness (NVH). The Researcher will work on developing automotive technologies for Hitachis automotive business with a focus on powertrain components and systems. The advanced methodologies may be adopted for development of other relevant products of Hitachi. The position requires the candidate to work as an individual contributor as well as a team member with strong technical and communication skills.
Develop multi domain computational models to predict noise and vibration characteristics of automotive systems and use the models to improve NVH performance.
Perform noise and vibration experimental testing and data analysis on automotive products and propose countermeasures to minimize NVH issues.
Closely interact with customers and proactively support them as needed.
Generate research and test reports, publish technical papers, and present them at conferences.
Periodic generation of invention disclosures based on research outcome.
Attend conferences/seminars and survey market/technology trends.
Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products and adopt new technology and development trends within research projects.
* Ph.D./Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering with a STRONG background in noise and vibration.
* Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Static & Dynamic, experience with CAE tools such as ANSYS/NASTRAN is required.
* Must have written a paper or dissertation on NVH.
* Experience with laboratory or on-road NVH experimental testing using multi-channel data acquisition tools is strongly preferred.
* Experience in digital signal processing including FFT is strongly preferred.
* Ability to create/modify 3D CAD models using Solidworks (or equivalent) is strongly preferred.
* Experience with FEA pre-processors including ANSA(preferred)/Hypermesh is preferred.
* Experience with non-linear FEA and explicit dynamics modeling using LS-DYNA is preferred.
* Experience with fatigue theory and analysis using nCode DesignLife is preferred.
* Familiarity with acoustic simulation tools including ACTRAN, LMS Virtual Lab is preferred.
* Programming skills in MATLAB is preferred.
* Familiarity with Pyschoacoustics is a plus.
* Must be a fast learner and flexible to adopt new technologies/methodologies for research and development.
* Ability to work in a team environment and present research outcomes to sponsors and customers.
* Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills.
* Strong time and project management skills.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
* Ability to write new research proposals to secure funding for advanced research projects.
EOE-FEMALES/MINORITIES/PROTECTED VETERANS/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES