Laredo Petroleum, Inc. - Midland, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Laredo Petroleum, Inc... Laredo Petroleum, Inc.
- Midland, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Laredo Petroleum is an independent energy company with headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Laredo's business strategy is focused on the exploration, development, and acquisition of oil and natural gas properties in the Permian and Mid-Continent regions of the United States.
Laredo Petroleum is hiring a Reservoir Engineer located in Midland, TX. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide reservoir engineering support to the Business Unit which includes but is not limited to; reserve determination, project economics, project optimization, asset acquisitions and divestitures, Reserve Report updates, identification of unrealized value and project coordination. Must be able to work in a team environment as an interdisciplinary coordinator to ensure timely and efficient project execution. Position reports to Reservoir Engineering Manager
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- B.S. degree in petroleum engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- Relevant experience in Reservoir Engineering in oil and gas exploration, development and production
- Broad PE experience for mature oil and gas assets; vertical and horizontal wells
- Skilled in Decline Curve analysis, Well Test evaluation, Simulation Modeling.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the economic and commercial aspects of exploration and production. ARIES experience desirable.
- Proficiency in oil industry data base applications
- Strong and effective analytical skills
- Effective team player and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, self starter and team player
- Excellent planning/organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and large volumes of work
- The individual must have demonstrated the ability to utilize current reservoir engineering techniques to calculate reserves and forecast production from the varying reservoirs.
- Preparation of reserve estimates, production forecasts, recompletion timing, and assembly of all required data to maintain the Reserve Report and budgeting for all wells (OBO and operated) within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides engineering analyses and economic models for exploration, development, workover, recompletion and acquisition projects.
- Work as a team member with other members and disciplines including: other reservoir engineers, geologists, geophysicists, production engineers, landmen, administration personnel and field personnel.
- Working knowledge of production and drilling operations, including but not limited to effective stimulation programs, completion techniques, and compressor installations.
- The identification of any value added opportunities; i.e., reserve additions, cost saving ideas, etc.
-As soon as possible
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Laredo Petroleum is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. Laredo Petroleum's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital, or veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance