Residency Clinical Nurse RN; Varied Shifts & Departments; Winter 2016/2017 Graduates 9/13/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Graduate Nurse Resident/Registered nurse is defined as a graduate nurse who has less than one year of experience from date of graduation to date of hire and has not worked in an acute care setting since graduation from an accredited nursing school. The Graduate Nurse will actively participate in the Residency program as assigned. This GN/RN provides care in the following patient care settings: acute care, operating room, behavioral health, women s, critical care or emergency care to patients with acute, chronic, and/or terminal illnesses. Performs an assessment based on the patient s diagnosis, reason for entry into the system, and care needs. Utilizes the nursing process to plan, perform, delegate, and evaluate the delivery of nursing care. Other duties include interdisciplinary team involvement, committees, program evaluations, research, education, and the supervision of students. Performs duties within the scope of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act and established organizational and regulatory requirements.
* Graduation from an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program. For internal candidates, an Associated of Science of Nursing (ASN) Candidates with an agreement to complete an accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program and participate in the Nurse Residency program within 4 years of completion of residency program.
* Current state of Missouri license as a Registered Nurse.
* Graduate Nurse/Registered Nurse, with less than one year of experience from date of graduation to hire date and has not worked in an acute care setting.
* Current BCLS upon hire.
* Hired into the Nurse Residency Program for 1-year residency program and agrees to 1-year work commitment upon successful completion of the Nurse Residency Program.
* Fulfill all the professional obligations during the 1-year program and unit specific professional development requirements.