Residency Program Coordinator
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job Code: 26725-6690
REDMOND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ROME, GA
Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed facility, serving as a referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. Including its healthcare partners, Redmond has over 245 physicians with more than 30 specialties and a support staff of approximately 1,100 associates.
With outstanding medical care and attention available 24/7, the hospital offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region.
REDMOND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is looking for a TRANSITIONAL YEAR RESIDENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR.
With oversight and direction from the Program Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of the residency training program. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
* PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
* Provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director concerning office management issues and activities and the status of projects.
* Identifies and evaluates the methods for improving workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations to the Program Director for improvement.
* May assist in program-level policy development.
* Works independently to coordinate the educational activities that support the residency program curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements
* Maintain current and thorough knowledge of ACGME policies and procedures that impact the program
* Assist in the preparation for ACGME Site Visits and internal reviews
* Maintains the ERAS database (Electronic Residency Application System) and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment season
* Assists with quota review and rank list entry and certification in NRMP (National Residency Matching Program)
* Performs Match responsibilities and in conjunction with the Redmond Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) corresponds with newly matched residents about requirements and processes for appointment to the hospitals and clinics.
* Manages the residency recruitment and selection process and in conjunction with the GME, manages the details for newly arriving residents, including appointments, orientation, and information technology access.
* Coordinates the development, dissemination, and monitoring of rotation, didactic, and call schedules.
* Provides input in the development, coordination and distribution of lecture schedules and assists with the preparation of teaching material.
* Assists the Program Director in creating and managing the resident, faculty, and program evaluations.
* Offers guidance to residents on the program and GME policies and non-clinical aspects of the program.
* Coordinates with the GME in composing correspondences and generating reports for the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) in support of the residency program.
* Acts as a liaison to the Medical College of Georgia/Augusta University and the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Georgia.
* Assists in coordinating medical student rotations through liaisons with affiliated schools
* In conjunction with the GME, assists in tracking and processing initial paperwork for visa requests, in conjunction with the VISA Administration.
* Receives inquiries from residents and applicants and triages as necessary.
* In conjunction with the GME, tracks, reports, and ensures compliance with procedures regarding licensing, moonlighting, annual contracts, and initial and re-credentialing of trainees.
* Manages materials for trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exams.
* Organizes meetings and prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures.
* Develops brochures, invitations, or advertisements for events/lectures.
* RESOURCE SUPPORT
* Develops, implements, and oversees the maintenance of filing, record keeping, distribution of materials, and other types of office/program systems.
* Evaluates and standardizes office procedures and effectively troubleshoots and resolves issues.
* Maintain databases with resident and faculty data, including Program Management Applications.
* Coordinate, track and maintain reports for clinical rotations.
* Routinely update the trainee handbook.
* Develop, implement and manage the orientation program for residents.
* Create and implement best practices to ensure optimized level of productivity and efficiency.
* Develop and maintain the policies and procedures applicable to GME
* Ensures the GME TY training activities are compliant with all national, state and local standards and institutional policies.
* Develop, cultivate, and maintain working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with and/or receiving benefit from program
* Develops and distributes call schedule
* Creates and/or maintains external program advertising/media through websites, brochures, postcards, publications and other such media. Creates/edits annual publications regarding the program.
* FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
* Assists the CFO and DIO in developing, monitoring and managing the residency program budget.
* Gathers financial data for residency reporting.
* Monitors residency program allocations.
* Oversees purchasing for the office/program.
* Assesses equipment acquisition and training needs, and makes recommendations to the Program Director
* Orders equipment and supplies for the training office.
* ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
* With oversight and direction from the DIO/GME Office and the Internal Medicine Program Coordinator
* Assisting the GME office and Internal Medicine Program Coordinator in accomplishing all above.
* Graduate Medical Education administration experience preferred (i.e. Residency Coordinator and/or Director of Graduate Medical Education), preferably in a Transitional Year or similar program
* Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Additional languages helpful but not required
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to organize information
* Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
* Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed
Last Edited: 08/29/2016