Residency Program Manager -80030
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Residency Program Manager (80030)
Various Outpatient Clinics
July 11, 2013
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Three years of experience, preferably in an ACGME-approved residency program in an administrative support capacity or medical/clinical experience required.
* Bachelor s Degree preferred.
The RESIDENCY PROGRAM MANAGER position, under the direct supervision of the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) or their designee, and in consultation and regular collaboration with the specialty Program Director, is responsible for managing the daily administrative activities of the residency program as outlined in the ACGME Institutional, Common Program and Specialty Program Guidelines for Graduate Medical Education. In addition, the RESIDENCY PROGRAM MANAGER position is responsible for the direct supervision of the administrative and professional responsibilities for the program s residents-in-training on a daily basis, and serves as the primary liaison between the Residency Program Director, chief residents, residents, program faculty, Central GME Office, and affiliated teaching sites concerning residency program matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Coordination of alumni activities, if applicable, which may include:
a. Activities designed to improve department relations with alumni.
b. Creation and maintenance of alumni database, create steering committee meeting agendas, type minutes, assist with or fundraise for the association, disseminate yearly dues statement create and publish alumni newsletters and act as liaison between the department, institution and alumni.
2. Collect and maintain updated and accurate information on graduates that is required for permanent record and necessary reporting.
1. Supplies necessary reports and financial information to the Program Director and assists in the compilation of the annual residency budget.
2. Track resident rotations accurately for hospital accreditation and reimbursement needs. Accurately complete all Budget Control Reports in timely fashion and supply all required documentation to ensure maximum educational funding for the hospital.
1. Assist in the creation and maintenance of a yearly didactic conference schedule to also include other conference schedules. Assist faculty in topic and speaker selection to provide adequate coverage of required subject areas. Record, post and maintain accurate attendance and topic records at conferences. Prepare and distribute on a monthly basis a calendar of the department s educational activities and required conferences.
2. Assist with the development of the yearly block/rotation schedule.
3. Develop, plan for and make necessary arrangements for any monthly educational conferences held by the department, such as Pre-Op Conference, Journal Club, Research Forum, M&M Conference, etc.
4. Coordinate postgraduate CME activities sponsored by the department including weekly Grand Rounds, Teaching Rounds, and special CME Conferences that involve resident educational opportunities or research presentations, as necessary. Work closely with administration on program organization, scheduling, budget concerns, record keeping, physician CME credits, and arrangements for such meetings. Prepare and submit documentation for CME credits as required. Assist guest speakers with arrangements, preparation and submission of expense reports, and audiovisual equipment needs. Function as liaison between department administration, ancillary departments, pharmaceutical representatives, and vendors, in organizing and sponsoring the above programs. Compose routine correspondence related to these activities as necessary.
5. Type and disseminate resident call schedules as required.
6. Update annual affiliation agreements with participating hospitals.
7. Attend and participate in institutional, specialty specific or private company educational programs and activities as supported by the Program Director or GME Office.
8. Monitor resident progression while on services at parent and affiliated hospitals. Act as a contact person for residents in the department and troubleshoot problem areas as needed. Identify and help resolve operational problems related to the residency program.
9. Initiate and coordinate the completion, execution, and updating of valid Program Letters of Agreement with off-service and off-site rotations, as required.
1. Work with Program Director to implement and maintain the current requirements for ACGME Duty Hours Regulations. Monitor ACGME website for changes/additions/definitions to the regulations. Construct written module for resident s work hour plan. Oversee distribution and education of the work hour regulations. Comply with all GME requirements for monitoring and certifying compliance with the current Duty Hour regulations.
1. Coordinate the development of evaluation processes for the competency regulations. Help create evaluation modules and forms to implement this process. Create learning objective handbook and description of service for all rotations to be distributed to all faculty and residents. Coordinate evaluation process to meet the 360 degree evaluation requirements to include at a minimum: rotation, faculty, nursing, patients, students, peer, self and program evaluations. Compile results and disseminate information as appropriate and required for use for improving resident performance.
2. Coordinate the development of evaluation processes to assess the program s effectiveness by means of post-training surveys by trainees.
3. Coordinate the development of evaluation processes to assess the program s strengths and weaknesses by means of Employer Surveys of past trainees.
4. Manage the confidential resident performance evaluations as well as evaluations of faulty and the education program. Disseminate information as required to the appropriate personnel.
Governing Body Requirements
1. The management of the assembly, formatting, tabulation, data entry, printing and presentation of data for required governing body reports and databases, such as Annual GME Report, ADS Updates, AMA-Freida, ERAS, NRMP, GME Track, ACGME Case Log System, E*Value, Specialty Databases and Reports. Orchestration of RC site visit, including preparation of statistics and data and organization of visit activities requested by the Site Visitor, Program Director or DIO. Coordinate and assist in the accurate completion of the Program Information Form (PIF) within the prescribed time limits given by the Central GME Office and the Site Visitor.
2. Interaction with the Central Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office to provide required documents to include: all aspects of the NRMP, applications for new residents (ERAS or institutional), contracts/resident agreements, payroll information, and other necessary documents with regard to new and current residents. Provide data on dates of appointment/reappointment/termination for all residents, as requested.
3. Acquire and maintain knowledge and proficiency in ACGME and Specialty Board requirements, and continuously monitor program s compliance with such.
4. Assist in the development of