Resident Engineer - Albany NY - 8128
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Resident Engineer (RE) will provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems and processes relating to deployed Palo Alto Networks equipment. The RE will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel. The RE will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams within the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The RE contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the RE will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products and solutions deployed within the Customer's network.
* Work full-time at the customer site.
* Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports.
* Build custom security policies and application signatures.
* Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose cases.
* Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner.
* Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Minimum 5 years experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies.
* Minimum 3 years experience managing security solutions in large environments.
* Extensive knowledge of different security threats.
* Strong understanding of core Internet protocols and applications.
* Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products.
* Strong TCP/IP networking skills.
* Ability to effectively manage many different tasks simultaneously.
* Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies required.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.